Saturday 25 June 2016

Catriona's Moda Love Quilt Finished




Another finish from my Finish Along Quarter 2 list! I feel like have achieved a lot in this quarter and this quilt is another 21st present. A big tick for the Finish Along list and on time for the birthday. That is usually unheard of. All gifts are usually late when they are handmade by me.




The pattern was free and called Moda Love. I chose to make the larger 72 inch square. All the blues and greens are from stash and the background is Faux Burlap in black. 


The backing is Galactic Geo in Sprout from Connecting Threads with some of the leftover blocks from the the front to make up the backing short fall.




It is quilted in a simple cross hatch on the diagonal which looks a bit like a loose tartan weave and finished with a hand stitched label.


2016 FAL

Happy stitching
Jenell

3 comments:

  1. The black background really makes the bright colors pop. Handmade gifts do take time, because you cannot rush love:-) Congratulations on a fabulous finish!!!
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I especially appreciate your taking a moment to point out how you quilted it. I find myself becoming more receptive to doing my own machine quilting, and like seeing what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this pattern. (Have made it myself twice.) The cool colorway you've used is spectacular! Fab finish. On behalf of the global 2016 FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete