Saturday 21 April 2018

First Memory Quilt Finished

A work colleague saved her children's baby clothes hoping to have quilts made out of them. After being unable to find someone to make the quilts, I volunteered and this is the final result. It was hard to cut up such beautiful clothes (even though they held no significant memories for me) but the look on her face when the quilt was finished was worth it. 





 Again it was a chance to play around with free motion quilting.







Pink and grey were the colours her daughter liked best. The quilt is 48 x 60 inches and all quilting fabric came from my stash.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts
Happy stitching
Jenell.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet project. Good for you for taking it on. I think I would have had a hard time cutting into the clothes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, and great that it is a happy quilt. By that I mean not a memory quilt for the rellies of someone who has passed away. I have made three of those and they certainly bring comfort to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! It looks like you had a TON of fun with the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete