Saturday 18 July 2015

Table Runner Update

The table runner is well under way. It was to made from Charm Squares for a swap. I hope my partner is happy with it when it is received. I can't say that charm squares are my thing. I found them restricting but in saying that am happy with my progress so far. The charm pack is Gooseberry by Moda. The only additional fabric is a white Bella solid and a fabric for the binding which is yet to be chosen.



I saw a picture of a runner named Indian Sunset in a book titled 50 Quilts from Quiltmaker. I made my own pattern for paper piecing and using 2 packs of the same charm squares set to work. I was not able to put it together how I would like due to the limited number of charm squares in certain fabrics but think I will be happy with it overall. The left over charm squares have been joined to make the backing and the border for the front.


I love paper piecing. I takes longer, more fabric and removing those papers can be a pain but the finished product is well worth the fuss. So back to joining it all before getting out the tweezers to remove the papers.



Happy Stitching

Jenell

No comments:

Post a Comment