Tuesday 19 April 2016

I Spy a finish






2016 FAL



I have finished my first from the Quarter 2 Finish Along list. This is a quilt whose block construction goes back at least 10 years. It is nice to see it finished.






The backing is a Quilters Candy from Connecting Threads.


The binding is a cute black and white floral for which I have no details as there was no selvage, I think it may have been from my MILs fabrics.




I have quilted it with different sized diamonds, some of which overlap, using a red, blue, green and yellow variegated thread. 



This is a gift for my Godson's daughter. I beat my need to finish deadline by a couple of days, a  very good feeling as this is a gift that will be delivered on time - a very rare occurrence.


All the best for your finishes.
Happy stitching
Jenell

2 comments:

  1. I love an I Spy finish! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt! Thanks for participating in the 2016 FAL on behalf of the global hosts!

    ReplyDelete