Monday 19 January 2015

What to do in a heatwave.



2015 FAL at On the Windy SideBoy has it been hot here in Brisbane! The humidity has been so uncomfortable. not exactly quilting weather.
Despite that, I have managed to move along on one of my nominated projects for the 2015 Finish Along. 





The quilt top from the Australian Patchwork and Quilting Mystery Quilt has been completed. I have not used the suggested light and dark colour way nor have I bordered the quilt as was also suggested. I wanted to only make this quilt from my stash and so far I have managed that. I am happy with the bright result and am looking forward to basting and finishing this quilt.



So, what else can be done when the heat makes it very uncomfortable to sit at the sewing machine under a pile of fabric? Why, start another project of course, what else could there be to do? This time I decided to try my hand at hexies. 






I have cut my own templates as i was too impatient to wait to be able to purchase any. i have had a Birdie Jelly Roll by Me and My Sister Designs for Moda for a while now and decided that it would be perfect for this project. It is a very pretty fabric range. So now I have another project on the go but at least it is perfect for the hot weather and very addictive.

Happy Stitching.

Jenell

No comments:

Post a Comment