Wednesday 4 November 2015

First Finish Along Finish

Hooray,

I have actually completed something.  This was on my list for the Finish-Along Quarter 4 List . Wonders will never cease. The Goody Goody Binding bag for my group Christmas swap has been finished. This was a fun finish and very easy to make. The instructions via this link  http://lellaboutique.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/goody-goody-binding-kit.html are clear and easy to follow.

My partner requested bright spring colours, particularly yellow and said that she liked spotty dotty fabrics. 





I pulled out all my Riley Blake spots and dots for this. I had a small fabric roll of small spots in many colour ways which were joined to make the outer panel. I also had a selection of Riley Blake larger spot fat quarters. 

I decided to embroider her name for the front and and also embroidered the scissor holder inside. I wanted to continue the spring look with the embroidery.



I have added a spotty fat quarter, retractable tape measure and cute floral print scissors which complement the stitched scissor pocket. Of course there is thread for binding.





The only item left to add is a chocolate bar or two which I will leave until the day I have to give it as it is really warming up here and a melted mass is not a good gift.



It is good to have a finish and an early finish at that, a month before it is due to be handed over.

Happy Stitching

Jenell









No comments:

Post a Comment