Saturday 7 November 2015

Third and Final Table Runner for 2015




I have finished my third table runner this year and it is a sweet finish and is was on the list for 2015 Finish Along Q4. It was started for one challenge but I wasn't happy with it meeting the brief for that particular challenge and made a different one to send. This table runner is made from two Moda charm square packs ' Gooseberry'.




The brief for the group table runner was to use one floral, two checks and three hexagons, all in the runner top. Gooseberry does not have any checks and following a conversation with the group member who led the challenge I managed to mix up the requirements and substituted the checks for spots. So again it did not look like it would meet this challenge.

When I realised my mistake I purchased two checks which complemented the Gooseberry charm squares and used them to make the hexagons which are 1/2 inch hexies put together to make the corner flowers. 





So it just scrapes in to meet the criteria.




I quilted it on my ancient Bernina using a circle of hearts stencil. This is the first time I have used such a loopy quilting design on this scale. It is rough, but on the front it looks pretty good, better than the back anyway.











I am happy with the finish. It is a pretty fabric line.

Now to get all those cupcake oven mitts completed.

Happy Stitching.

Jenell

No comments:

Post a Comment