Friday 28 July 2017

New Zealand with mum

In 2014 I travelled to New Zealand with my elderly mother for a 2 week holiday. We had a great time exploring the South Island, the fabric shops and amazing scenery. We may have come back with a little bit of fabric. This fabric is now a quilt. (Forgive the photo quality please).

Walkers Road Quilts

The fabrics purchased in NZ were supplemented with some of mum's hand dyed fabrics. 

Walkers Road Quilts



This was the first time I tried spiral quilting and have to thank Jacquie Gering and her Crafsy class for getting me started. Slow and steady is all I can say about spiral quilting. 



The backing is from stash and shows of the spiral really well. The finished quilt measures 60 x 60 inches.

Walkers Road Quilts


I love the colours in this quilt. It is on my Quarter 3 Finish Along List also. I will link up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.

Happy Stitching

Jenell

3 comments:

  1. One day I will do spiral quilting on one of my quilts. I think it looks so modern and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from New Zealand. It is great to see some of your NZ fabrics in the quilt, especially those little kiwis. Your quilt looks wonderful - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. New Zealand was a beautiful place and not just because of the great fabric shops we visited.

      Delete