Sunday 11 December 2016

I Heart this Quilt

I loved making this quilt. It was a clear and easy pattern called Layers of Love and made with 10 inch pre-cuts, some cute jelly bean fabric, which can be seen in the label photo below, and good old basic white. The pattern is by Sterling LaBosky and can be found at the Moda Bake Shop.


This quilt is a gift for an 8 year old girl. I quilted it on the diagonal using white thread for one direction and lilac for the other. 






The backing is rather bright and i used the some of the leftover half square triangles to make the pieced heart and hand embroidered the label.






This is one of my Q4 Finish Along Goals. That is now 2 off the list. Hooray!
2016 FAL





I am a last minute link up with Finish it up Friday even though it is Sunday morning here in Australia.

Happy stitching everyone.

Jenell


3 comments:

  1. I heart this quilt too! I think it will be a perfect design for a charity quilt. Your colors and quilting are terrific.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia at Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely design - I'd rather like it for myself!
    Jenny in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely quilt! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete